PayMongo makes it possible for you to refund your customer’s payments in full, or a partial amount of the original charge. Please note that you will still be charged the transaction fee for refunded transactions.
Issue refunds from your PayMongo Dashboard
- Visit your Dashboard and go to Links or Payments
- Select the payment that you would like to refund
- Click the "Refund" button
- You will be asked to enter the following details:
- Full or Partial refund
- Reason for refund
- Additional note (you may use this for your reference)
Please take note:
- for card transactions, it takes 30 days for the refunds to reflect in your customers' accounts
- for e-wallet transactions, refunds should reflect within the day
- refunds for transactions that were already paid out to your account will be deducted from your next payout
Debit and credit card refunds
- Debit and credit card transactions can only be refunded within 60 days from the date of payment.
- Partial refunds are applicable to debit and credit card transactions.
- GCash transactions can only be refunded within 180 days from the date of payment.
- Partial refunds are applicable to GCash transactions.
- Please contact [email protected] to process GrabPay refunds. Kindly include the payment IDs of the transactions and the corresponding reasons for refunding in your request.
- Partial refunds are not applicable to GrabPay transactions.
- Refunds can only be processed via the Shopify admin. The corresponding refund amount and status will also reflect on your PayMongo Dashboard in realtime.
Click here for a short tutorial.
- PayMongo is unable to refund transactions made over-the-counter
If for any reason you are having trouble issuing refunds from your Dashboard, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject “REFUND - [Merchant Name]”.
NOTE: Once the refund has been initiated, there is no way of canceling the transfer.