Getting started with PayMongo requires you to go through a quick activation process (https://dashboard.paymongo.com/activate) where our Compliance team verifies the validity of your business.
The required documents vary depending on the business entity type:
- Government-issued ID (one (1) primary ID or three (3) secondary IDs)
- DTI Registration
- Government-issued ID of the person registered with the DTI (one (1) primary ID or three (3) secondary IDs)
- SEC Certificate of Registration
- Articles of Partnership
- Partner’s Resolution to designate the authorized person to transact with Paymongo and the bank account where your payouts will be deposited
- Government-issued ID of any of the partners (one (1) primary ID or three (3) secondary IDs)
- SEC Certificate of Incorporation
- Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws (all pages)
- Latest General Information Sheet (GIS) submitted to and received by the SEC (all pages)
- Government-issued ID of any of the incorporators (one (1) primary ID or three (3) secondary IDs)
- Government issued-ID of person authorized to transact with PayMongo (one (1) primary ID or three (3) secondary IDs
- Duly notarized Secretary’s Certificate*
*The duly notarized Secretary’s Certificate should contain the board resolution confirming the name of the person authorized to transact with PayMongo as well as the corporate bank account of the corporation. (A template can be provided upon request.)
*The duly notarized Secretary’s Certificate will not be required for corporations established under the One Person Corporation.
For reference, the following is a list of valid primary IDs:
- Driver’s license
- SSS ID/UMID ID
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
- Firearm license
- Philippine Passport
- For foreign nationals: Passport and Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR)
The following is a list of valid secondary IDs:
- NBI clearance
- Police clearance
- PhilHealth ID
- TIN ID
- Pag-ibig ID (Digitized)
- Postal ID (Digitized)
- Barangay clearance
- Voter’s ID
All documents will be submitted online in the activation page of the PayMongo dashboard: https://dashboard.paymongo.com/activate. Please take note that you can only accept payments via PayMongo once you have been activated.
After you have successfully submitted your request for account activation, it typically takes 1-2 business days for our compliance team to review your application.
Our compliance team will send you an email once your account has been approved or if they have any follow-up questions, such as missing documents or clarifications about your business.